This Overseas Travel Insurance Policy with is also called as overseas mediclaim policy covers Medical expenses and other unfortunate incidents that occur during International Travel (during vacation or Student Education stays). Medical expenses during Travel incurred by the insured persons, outside India as a direct result of bodily injuries caused or sickness or disease contracted are covered. Unfortunate incidents during Travel, such as loss of passport, baggage loss, missed flight expenses are also covered as well
Types of policies available under this category
- Travel Policy can be broadly classified into two types of plans, they are:
- Worldwide excluding USA/Canada.
- Worldwide including USA/Canada.
- Types of policies:
- Single Round Trip Travel Insurance.
- Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance.
- Categories of policies:
- Business or leisure.
- Senior Citizens.
What are the perils (Cause of Loss) covered
- Under this policy perils covered are Medical expenses, Expenses due to Loss of checked-in baggage, Expenses due to Delay of checked-in baggage…etc
- Premium: Depends on Age band, Trip duration, Country of visit and Plan chosen
What perils can be covered by paying extra premium
- Adventures sports
What are the main Exclusions?
1. Insured Person is travelling against the advice of a Physician; or is travelling for the purpose of obtaining
treatment. 2. Any Pre-existing Condition or any complication arising from it; or 3. Suicide, attempted suicide
(whether sane or insane) or intentionally self inflicted Injury or Illness, or sexually transmitted conditions, mental or
nervous disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immuno
deficiency Virus (HIV) infection; or 4. Serving in any branch of the Military or Armed Forces of any country, whether
in peace or War, 5. Being under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants or hallucinogens, 6. Operating or
learning to operate any aircraft, or performing duties as a member of the crew on any aircraft or Scheduled Airline;
or 7. Any loss arising out of War, civil war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, act of foreign enemy, 8. Performance of
manual work for employment or any other potentially dangerous occupation, 9. Participation in winter sports,
skydiving/parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping, scuba diving, mountain climbing, 10. Pregnancy and all
related conditions. This however does not include ectopic pregnancy proved by diagnostic means and is certified to
be life threatening by the Physician, 11. Any non medical expenses (Refer list enclosed as Annexure-1 in policy
wordings). For complete list of detailed exclusions, please refer policy wordings.
- 1. Insured Person is travelling against the advice of a Physician; or is travelling for the purpose of obtaining
- All pre-existing disease/illnesses/Conditions are not covered
- Travelling against Medical advice or for Medical treatment including routine check-up.
Basis of Sum Insured- Recommendations
- Depends upon the plan chosen
Excess and other deductibles during claim
- Please download the Prospectus and policy wordings
- Claims procedure
- CLICK HERE
To Buy Overseas Travel Insurance from HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company Limited