- Accidental Death
- Permanent Total Disablement (PTD)
- Permanent Partial Disablement (PPD)
- Hospitalization expenses due to accident (In-patient) – Minimum 24 hours hospitalization is a must
- Temporary total disablement (TTD) also called as Weekly compensation
- Medical extension i.e Hospital expenses due to Accident
- Out patient treatment due to accident
- Worldwide extension
- 24 hours cover
- Intentional self injury, suicide or attempted suicide, Death or disablement resulting from child birth and pregnancy Accident while the insured is under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs War and allied perils.
- Some Insurance companies give discounts on buying Long Term Policies
- 10 times of Annual Income
- Please refer policy wordings
- Aproximately 60 times of your monthly income can be your maximum Sum Insured
- Always ask for fully loaded cover with all add on covers
- Policy wordings differ from Insurance Company to Company
- Premium varies from Rs 90 to Rs 165 per person per year for a Sum Insured of Rs 1 Lakh
- Risk Classes:
Risk Class I:
Person engaged in administrative or managing functions, accountant, doctor, lawyer, architect, consulting engineer, teacher, and banker or primarily engaged in a similar occupation
Risk Class II:
Person engaged in manual labour, garage or motor mechanic, machine operator, paid driver of a car, a truck, a lorry or other heavy vehicles, cash carrying employee, wood working machinist or a builder – contractor and engineer in superintending functions, veterinary doctor, or engaged in a similar occupation.
Risk Class III:
Person working in underground mines, in explosive magazines or in electrical installations with high tension supply, or insured is a jockey, circus personnel, engaged in racing in wheels or horseback, big game hunting, mountaineering, winter sports, skiing, ice hockey, river rafting, polo, or in similar activity or occupation.